Please help me save my hen Pinot

Nani87

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
Please help- All my girls are 2.5 yrs old.. My Brown ISA- our favorite was fine this am. This eve she is acting strange not her same energetic self. She laid an egg this am like most days, she lays very large eggs and was foraging around this am and appeared fine. She is moving slowly now but still ate and drank. She also pooped. I have isolated her and noticed she seems to be slightly moving around her vent area like maybe she needs to go. She just passed this. i am afraid it is a egg yolk or something. Please tell me any advice and if there is anything I need to do immediately for her. lost a hen Poullet a RIR on Thurs. She showed no signs of sickness and I found her dead in the coop. . I buried her so no necropsy was done.Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-0002.jpg
    IMG-0002.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 9
Please help- All my girls are 2.5 yrs old.. My Brown ISA- our favorite was fine this am. This eve she is acting strange not her same energetic self. She laid an egg this am like most days, she lays very large eggs and was foraging around this am and appeared fine. She is moving slowly now but still ate and drank. She also pooped. I have isolated her and noticed she seems to be slightly moving around her vent area like maybe she needs to go. She just passed this. i am afraid it is a egg yolk or something. Please tell me any advice and if there is anything I need to do immediately for her. lost a hen Poullet a RIR on Thurs. She showed no signs of sickness and I found her dead in the coop. . I buried her so no necropsy was done.Thank you!
Yellow waste is typically a sign of some sort of parasitic infection. My recommendation would be to get a stool sample to a nearby vet to discern what is going on. It could be coccidia (as yellow poop suggests, or something else).

What do you feed including treats?
Where are you located in the world?

Check to make sure her crop is emptying and look her over for lice/mites.
If you don't have a vet that can run a fecal float, you can just deworm her.
Safeguard Liquid Goat Dewormer can be found at most feed stores like TSC. Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight give orally once a day for 5 days.

Does she look like she's starting to molt?
I think I'd get some extra Calcium into her too. 1 Calcium Citrate once a day for a few days.

Production birds can start to have reproductive issues as they age, this may be what's happening, but hard to know.
Do the best you can, work on hydration and see that she's eating. I'd leave her with her flock if she's not getting picked on.

Back
Top Bottom