PLEASE HELP ME! Serama baby's behavior NORMAL???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hanh3197, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    I have 3 Seramas and 3 Mille Fleurs chicks and 5 are doing great! But there is this one Serama who is the smallest of the whole group who doesn't look like she's doing so well.... [​IMG]
    They are all about a week old and all have their wing feathers and some tail feathers...except this one slow Millie [​IMG] but it's doing great
    The Serama has her wing feathers, tail feathers, and looked fine yesterday morning but now she seems really tired/exhausted. While everyone else is eating, drinking, and running around, she is sleeping in some pieced of fabric (cut up PJ pants very thin) I put in the brooder (just in case she was cold?) The temperature is actually pretty warm, 85 - 90F, and no one is panting or huddling together/on top of each other. I guess because her size she's cold??? She's REALLY tiny [​IMG]
    She hasn't been up and running around, eating, or drinking for all I know..... They are all napping right now so I put one of her Serama buddies in the fabric with her to keep her company? warmer? I really don't want to lose her [​IMG] She's the kid's favorite.....
    They named her Tiny [​IMG]
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    some chicks just fail to thrive, you should try feeding her some more protein- scrambled eggs and yogurt, also you can mix water with gatorade and use an eye dropper to get her to drink it. I hope she pulls through!

3. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    I am so new with Seramas that I am afraid to give advise..but wanted to suggest that you post this
    under Malaysion (sp) Seramas in the breed,showing section.
    I have read enough to understand that the Serama chicks sometimes need a little extra care
    and a breeder there may be of more assistance.
    Hope it goes well for you and your little one........[​IMG].............[​IMG].

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. CircleC

CircleC Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    I didnt know they could eat such a wide variety of foods. I'm learning already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by