1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help me sex my chickens (see picture)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wbarley, Jan 24, 2013.

1. wbarley

wbarley New Egg

Jan 24, 2013
    I am the brand new owner of 5 chickens of which I am concerned two of them are males. The feed store found that to be very suprising as they felt the probability of having a male was about 10%. In any case I have attached a picture of each chicken (they are both about 3 months old) and would love any and all advice about whether or not you feel they are male. I am not zoned for males so I am really hoping they are females as I only have 5. Thanks for your time in advance.

Sorry about the delay in getting the photo's.. needed to upload them to an album first.. Any help would be much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Your pictures are not showing.

3. wbarley

wbarley New Egg

Jan 24, 2013
    Thank you.. took me a minute to realize that you have to upload the pictures to an album before you can post them or at least that is what i had to do. In any case, what do you think. Male or female?

4. maryhysong

maryhysong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Claypool, Arizona
    Oh yeah, you got two boys there! If they were girls their comb and wattles would not be that red until they are ready to lay, they also wouldn't be that big.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by