Please help me sex my EE....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Feathers, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    He/she is 4 weeks old in this photo and the comb looks more pinkish that it actually is because of a background brooder lamp. It is more the colour of the second photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am pretty sure these are cockerels for comparison from same hatch....3 EE in background (a nosey BA in the front)

[​IMG]

Thanks for your thoughts...and if you would let me know what you are looking at in sexing EE I would be most appreciative for the learning [​IMG]

2. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Its a pullet!

3. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks Lindsay! I now have one vote for cockerel from an earlier post and one for pullet.
    Can someone please help to split the difference? S/he seems more pullet like in behaviour, and I hope that is what we get but I know all the hoping in the world won`t sway its gender [​IMG]

4. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    pullet!

5. christytrav

christytrav Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    KASILOF, ALASKA
    I think pullet too!

6. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks everyone. I am really hoping to give this one to my little granddaughter but have been holding off because I didn`t want to disappoint her if it was a roo (can`t keep roos).

7. FlyingByTheSeatOfMyPants

FlyingByTheSeatOfMyPants Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    The Jersey Shore
    I had an EE chick that I swore was a rooster last year... she was so much bigger and imposing looking than her "sisters." She also seemed to have a bit more comb development. I posted pix and got mixed opinions, but I honestly wasn't sure what she was until the day she laid a huge green egg! To date, she lays the best eggs of all our hens and she's completely sweet, just "big boned!"[​IMG]

8. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Here`s hoping I have a big boned, green egg laying pullet too [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    .....or rather hen by the time she is laying...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by