Please help me surprise my DH!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by 6littlechickies, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    I wasn’t sure if I should post this here or in the BST forum, so if it should be moved let me know and I will repost in the correct place.

My DH really wants a breeding pair (ready for next year) of red golden pheasants. I think they are out of season and I’ve told him to wait until spring but the poor guy is looking daily everywhere he can think of online to try to find a pair available now. He’s even agreed to build me a new barn to house AND let me get duck hatching eggs (arriving this week). He just wants a pen for what he eventually hopes to fill with golden pheasants. He’s not a PC kinda guy but has been scouring the net trying to find someone who has a pair for sale. He did find some at McMurray and CM game bird farm. Anyone have experience buying pheasants from either place? I know of McMurray for chickens but haven’t bought any game birds from them.
    His birthday is next month (turning 35) and I would LOVE to surprise him with a pair. Anyone out there know of anywhere I could find a pair at this time of year? I wasn’t sure if anyone here at BYC might have a pair available or could point to me to someone who would.
    I’d really love to be able to surprise him with a pair, I think it would really wow him! We’ve been married 8 years, three kids now so our birthdays have taken somewhat of a back burner to the kiddos, I’d really like to make this one special. Our two youngest’s birthdays are also next month so he always gets lost in the shuffle. This would make a bday to remember! Lol

Thanks SO much!

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have a pair of 2007 red goldens all colored out.Yes their laying season is over.I'm asking 75.00 for the pair plus 60.00 to ship.I will not ship until the weather cools down.It is still too hot to ship them.Or you could call Bob Bills in Maryville,Oh.,Brian Fuller inE Liverpool,John Gulvas in Holland,Kurt Landig inFremont,Mary Reinke in Cincinnati,Ken Rice i Akron,Roman Schlabach in Fresno.They all have red goldens listed.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. bird

bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Oregon
  4. bird

bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Oregon
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. 6littlechickies

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Tony K T - thank you SO much! [​IMG] YOU are one of the many, many, MANY reasons I just LOVE BYC! Everyone is so helpful and friendly! [​IMG] I am sure on my own I wouldn't have come up with that many names period! I was thinking if I could pick them up it would be easier on them but I may need to get them shipped in. I'll start searching for their contact info...is there a specific pheasant website that the breeder info is listed or should I just google? you can PM me if you'd rather.

bird - funny you should post that i did actually see that listing just after I posted. I contacted that seller, they are about 3 hours south of me...not a problem to pick those up. that's a possibility but I was hoping to straight buy them instead of having to bid. I guess I could send her another email to ask about that.

thanks again everyone. anyone else that has suggestions, I'll take em!

6. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    If you email me privately I can give you their numbers.I don't think they will appreciate me displaying their number on here.
    In N.H.,Tony.
    [email protected]

7. 6littlechickies

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Tony,

just sent you an email.

thanks
    JenMarie

P.S. Love your email addr! LOL [​IMG]

8. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Sorry,I didn't recognize your name and deleted it.Please send pm again.Title it birds so I won't delete.
    In N.H.,Tony.

9. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Never mind I found it.In N.H.,Tony.

10. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you ever find your pheasant 6little? I don't know if you're still interested or not, but I saw this at Meyers, and remembered your thread.

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_ygps_juvenile-yellow-golden-pheasant-pair.htm

They have a lot of other juvenile sets on sale right now too, some really rare looking things too.

Here's the rest of the list for anyone who isn't on their mailing list. Many folk may have already seen this since it actually came this past monday, I just now got around to looking the e-mail over! LOL

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_list_124.htm

//edit// DOH!!! I posted the wrong link!! they do have red-golds too! OOPS!

http://www.meyerhatchery.com/get_item_rgfs_juvenile-red-golden-pheasants-full-color-pair.htm

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by