Please help me try to sex 8 week old silkies

karri25

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2007
Arkansas
I know it's a pain but any help would be appreciated. I need to know if I should order some more eggs or if I have enough hens.
chickens088.jpg

chickens087.jpg

chickens086.jpg

chickens085.jpg

I hope these pictures are good enough to give y'all an idea of what I have. The one with a smaller poof is a bit over one week younger than the others. I hope you can tell!!!!!!! Thanks for any help:)

Quote:
Thank you:D I LOVE these babies soooo much, especially since I am trying to better my flock.
The youngest one I got from Dipsy on here. The three older ones I got from Hatching Golden Eggs. She is sometimes on ebay and she is always on the silkie bantam club on yahoo.

I will be so happy if I have at least two hens:D I want to definately breed the splash b/c I am partial to that one. There is one baby who doesn't have feathers on it's middle toe so I can't breed that one:-( I will keep it of course b/c I love all of my SILKIES!!!! But I am hoping that the older ones are hens and Dipsy's is a roo so that I can breed them. Can you tell me which ones you think are hens???

They are really adorable. At this point I would guess the two on the left are pullets and the one on right is a roo and the splash could go either way...lol.

They are hard to tell, I have a gray that was sold as a cockerel, and swore forever he was a cockerel but now at a year old, I think he's a she. No eggs, (of course no one is really laying anyway) no crow...
roll.png
. Maybe a he-she..
lol.png

Thta's what I was thinking too Angie. If it works out that way I'll be happy. Whatever my splash ends up I am GOING to breed it. I always thought I only loved blues and now here I am totally enamored of this little one:) If it's a boy I'll get him some hens that aren't siblings. If it's a hen I'll let her breed with Dipsy's little blue....thta's what I am REALLY hoping for!

Sorry about your 1 year old transgender. That is REALLY frustrating isn't it?????

Back
Top Bottom