Please help me try to sex 8 week old silkies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by karri25, Jan 29, 2008.

1. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I know it's a pain but any help would be appreciated. I need to know if I should order some more eggs or if I have enough hens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope these pictures are good enough to give y'all an idea of what I have. The one with a smaller poof is a bit over one week younger than the others. I hope you can tell!!!!!!! Thanks for any help:)

2. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Well it looks like you have at least two girls...I think. But Who did you get those babies from...eggs? Someone here? They are beautiful babies!

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'd have to guess that they are all big balls of fluff. [​IMG] Sorry, that's my best guess [​IMG]

4. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Quote:Thank you:D I LOVE these babies soooo much, especially since I am trying to better my flock.
    The youngest one I got from Dipsy on here. The three older ones I got from Hatching Golden Eggs. She is sometimes on ebay and she is always on the silkie bantam club on yahoo.

I will be so happy if I have at least two hens:D I want to definately breed the splash b/c I am partial to that one. There is one baby who doesn't have feathers on it's middle toe so I can't breed that one:-( I will keep it of course b/c I love all of my SILKIES!!!! But I am hoping that the older ones are hens and Dipsy's is a roo so that I can breed them. Can you tell me which ones you think are hens???

5. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Lonecowboy-my guess is the same:lol: Hopefully someone can come and clear things up:)

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    They are really adorable. At this point I would guess the two on the left are pullets and the one on right is a roo and the splash could go either way...lol.

They are hard to tell, I have a gray that was sold as a cockerel, and swore forever he was a cockerel but now at a year old, I think he's a she. No eggs, (of course no one is really laying anyway) no crow... [​IMG] . Maybe a he-she.. [​IMG]

7. karri25

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thta's what I was thinking too Angie. If it works out that way I'll be happy. Whatever my splash ends up I am GOING to breed it. I always thought I only loved blues and now here I am totally enamored of this little one:) If it's a boy I'll get him some hens that aren't siblings. If it's a hen I'll let her breed with Dipsy's little blue....thta's what I am REALLY hoping for!

Sorry about your 1 year old transgender. That is REALLY frustrating isn't it?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by