Please help me with my chick open and closing beak

bomptonqueen

Songster
7 Years
Aug 9, 2015
Apple Valley Ca
Hello can someone please help me I have a chick he is five days old this morning his beak was opening and closing not sure if it’s because of the heat in California we are at 100° and I have them inside because it is way too hot to have them outside and he is just a newborn chick I have them inside and he has his beak open and close almost as if he cannot get some air so I have just turned on the AC called the local pet feet and they recommended me to terramycin also have ordered a antibiotic mean tylosin know because I read in this page is that it works can someone please help me what can I do i gave him electrolyte and he threw up before terramycin i gave him some corid incase its something else please help me he pooped normal right now no diarhea not opening eyes still chirps he cant stand up wont eat please help me

Damn had this happen to a chick when he was two weeks he made clicking sounds when breathing it’s not the heat the chicks need to be 95 to 90 degrees when they are that young mine died the day after. The manager at TSC said it’s was coccidia so I got corid he also has chickens. When a chick is severely sick of coccidia give them 2 DROPS for a big one think one for a little chick. I had a hen die of coccidia aswell she had eyes closed didn’t eat nor drink it was terrible if you can look at one of my threads it’s called red poop I think it scars just seeing it what a terrible day that was

Back
Top Bottom