1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help me write an medical manual :D

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3, Oct 12, 2011.

1. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    I have been wanting to make an chicken emergency/ injury ,so if and when something happens You can just find this post, or you can make an word doc. and then just look there. Please add an injury/ cure post if its not listed or you treat it an different way. Symptoms and causes, and cures are welcome also. I have added Can you please send in cures to as listed? Thanks in advanced [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ant Stings- children's Benadryl if he starts to have a reaction to it (swelling or difficulty breathing). less...1/2ml, 1/2ml is also recommended for scorpion stings.
    It will make him sleepy. Otherwise, you can soak him in warm water with epsom salt to relieve minor itching.

Scorpion stings- less...1/2ml, 1/2ml of benadryl

poisonous snakebite - 1ml could be used if applicable

Cuts- anti-biotic ointment, (Neosporin, Watch out for pain relievers that have ingredents with "caine" in them they are toxic) then wrap with medical wrap, or bandage

Broken leg-

Trouble breathing-

Itching-

Bumps on legs-

Limping-

Sneezing-

crusted nose-

blood in poop-

conccidiosis-

prolapse-

diarrhea-

Thorn in foot or wing -

Woln't eat or drink-

Hen-pecking - put neosporin on the pecked places and vicks vap-o-rub on the un-pecked feathers around it. You can also use Rooster Booster and the chickens won't peck the spot again. We do the Vicks and it works really well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by