Please help me!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pea3pod, Oct 31, 2016.

1. pea3pod

pea3pod New Egg

Oct 26, 2016
    Kent U.K.
    I have a 3day old chick I'm hand rearing along with 12 of her siblings but sweet pea who is my first hatched has be come very sleepy her poop is a white and watery. She won't let me put her down for a second. I've got her to drink some sugar water but will no eat and I am at a loss as what to do. The other 12 are very lively. I am so worried and I don't no what to do. Advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Pea3pod Kent UK

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. chickenweirdo1

chickenweirdo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Massachusetts
    My Coop
    Take some of the food and mix it with water until about the consistency of oatmeal and give it too the chick with a syringe.
    And for some extra protein hard boil and egg take out the yoke and smash into the food.

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Dip her beak into water with SaveAChick or other brand of electrolytes containing vitamins. Do this several times an hour for the next 12 hours. Keep her warm. Sprinkle some chick feed around her feet on a paper towel and peck at it with your finger. She could have some internal problem that makes her a weak chick, but getting fluids into her now is the most important thing.

4. pea3pod

pea3pod New Egg

Oct 26, 2016
    Kent U.K.
    I have tried to syringe food into her mouth but she spits back out. She has got a lot weeker over the last couple of hours. The closest place for me to get saveachick is about 50miles away and it's 2:55am here in the U.K. I'm struggling to get sugar water down her now but she's under the heat lamp, I've separated her from the overs as they are climbing over her and she has water available but I'll try to get some down her in a little bit. Thing is she was fine to day running and jumping all over the place just like the others. I'm just heart broken as she was my first ever hatched chick and I've fall on completely in love with the little thing she has a funny little personality. I know it sounds silly but I'm very sentimental. Thankyou for your advice. Pea3pod

5. pea3pod

pea3pod New Egg

Oct 26, 2016
    Kent U.K.
    Thank you everyone for your advice but unfortunately my sweet pea died in my hand about an hour ago. I'm heart broken but I know I tried everything I could to help her but it just wasn't enough

6. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Sorry for your loss. Hopefully she was just weak and your others will all survive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by