1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Please help me?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nursemkt, Aug 7, 2013.

1. nursemkt

nursemkt In the Brooder

Jul 7, 2013
    Is my Rose a male or female? She is 15 weeks old and was sold to me as a Silkie. I definitely know she is part silkie....but is she crossed with something else? And is she a roo? She seems to have grown a big comb and wattle really fast. She is very outgoing and great personality. Any info on this lovely bird is greatly appreciated :) Thank you.[​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I would say a roo

1 person likes this.
  3. nursemkt

nursemkt In the Brooder

Jul 7, 2013
    Thank you. My husband was telling me roo....but I was hoping for girl because she is a real pet. We can't keep roosters where I live. Do you think he is a cross? He doesn't look like any of my other silkies (I have 5 and got them all on the same day at a week old).

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm sorry, but thats a rooster!

1 person likes this.
  5. Tricoglossus

Tricoglossus Songster

Mar 15, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yes that is a silkie cross. Not sure what the silkie was crossed with, I guess something with a single comb. He will start crowing soon. There are methods to try to stop the crowing or make it less obvious so the neighbours are less likely to hear it.

1 person likes this.
  6. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Crowing

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: