PLEASE help me !

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencrazy999, Dec 1, 2013.

1. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hello, so I have 9 eggs in 2 different incubators 6 eggs in a brinsea octagon 10 and 3 in a rcom mini I do not have much hope for the 6 in the brinsea as the temps kept ranging up and down but I hope at least 2 hatch out of this batch.well technically I have just started day 21 as i put the eggs in at 2:30pm so yeah and have seen the eggs moving and wobbling a bit but i was hoping there was going to be something by today my question is what should I be seeing by tonight pips anything? thanks Sorry for got to mention these are chicken eggs

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. ThaiDye

ThaiDye Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    So Cal
    Just be patient. It sometimes can take 23 days or more. You didn't mention if you candled the eggs at all. I usually candle on days 7, 14 & day 18 just before lockdown. If you did, were the eggs developing? If you didn't, wait until day 25 before you do. Also, did you fill the water wells on the 18th day? If not, you could add a clean wet sponge very quickly to spike the humidity, but don't keep the incubator open very long.
    If your eggs are rocking & rolling, you should see pips very soon.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  3. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Ok thank you so much for the reassurance yes I did all of that at lockdown and yes i candled at day 18 and 7 and saw very thick veins and a moving embryo thanks going to check on them now will keep you updated

4. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    We have a pip yay [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ThaiDye

ThaiDye Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    So Cal
    Awesome! Remember, an egg can take many hours to hatch after pipping. Keep patient & don't be in a rush to get the chick out. Sally Sunshine has a "Hatching 101" article on BYC you should check out. I'll see if I can hyperlink it for you.
    Congrats on your pip!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by