Please help mw

When exactly did this happen? Meaning since when is he as handicapped that he cannot walk or feed himself? Noticeable weight loss etc. indicates that this might have been going on unnoticed for some time already.

He might have been attacked by some kind of predator. Did you check him all over carefully to see if there are more injuries to his body? There might be undetected wounds festering...

How does his poop look?

Sometimes we have to do what is best for the animals in our care, and if it is beyond help, the only responsible thing to do is to stop the useless suffering and put them out of their misery.
It has been around 2 weeks. And his poop looks fine. He cant eat or drink himself. He just has one baby chicken friend who stays by his side. I will also tell my friend about the other injuries part. Thank you

You said something about him getting weaker? Try giving him some molasses mixed with water to give him a boost. ;)

View attachment 2707561
You can make this. Put his legs through the holes so he doesn't put weight on them. Make sure the cloth is attached properly so it doesn't collapse!
Not sure if it will work in this situation. @Lacy Duckwing
That looks good, as long as you're sure that those clips will be strong enough to hold the bird. :)

Here's what my book says:

IMG_20210607_094549.jpg
IMG_20210607_094610.jpg
IMG_20210607_094625.jpg
IMG_20210607_094653.jpg

I hope that you was able to find this helpful. I know how it is to not want to have to cull your bird (but sometimes it is necessary and should be done sadly). If it's any help to your friend, maybe you could offer to take the rooster till it's healed? Just make certain that you don't spread any unknown/hidden/secret diseases between the rooster and your birds. A good way to prevent spread is to wash your hands, shoes, and anything else that had exposure to any of the birds. :)

That looks good, as long as you're sure that those clips will be strong enough to hold the bird. :)

View attachment 2707728View attachment 2707730View attachment 2707731View attachment 2707732

I hope that you was able to find this helpful. I know how it is to not want to have to cull your bird (but sometimes it is necessary and should be done sadly). If it's any help to your friend, maybe you could offer to take the rooster till it's healed? Just make certain that you don't spread any unknown/hidden/secret diseases between the rooster and your birds. A good way to prevent spread is to wash your hands, shoes, and anything else that had exposure to any of the birds. :)
I was look at that same book. Lol

View attachment 2707728View attachment 2707730View attachment 2707731View attachment 2707732

Just thank you so so much. This really helped me! Also I cannot take her rooster because we live far apart but I will try to follow what you said. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Back
Top Bottom