1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help! My 1 week old chick cant poop!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by thechickfamily, Mar 20, 2015.

1. thechickfamily

thechickfamily New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    [​IMG] She is a Columbian Wyandote and she isnt pooping! Shes had this problem for the past 2-3 days and we are worried! We have tried baths and feeding her honey we are out of ideas! PLEASE HELP we need her to poop! Shes constantly chirping trying to poop!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Rooster14250

Rooster14250 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Does she eat at all? If not, try hard boiling an egg. Take the yolk out, and crumble it up. They will really like it. If she isn't drinking, make some sugar water. She should drink this. After she starts eating, she should grow REALLY FAST. I have some right now, (two weeks old) and they have grown faster than my turkeys!!!!!!!

3. thechickfamily

thechickfamily New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    We need some help on her constipation, her butt is protruding, its kinda weird...

4. Rooster14250

Rooster14250 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2015
    Did you mail-order her? If she has caked on droppings around the vent, she might have pasty butt. It causes constipation, and if she has pasty butt, you should clean off the droppings asap.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Try giving her applesauce, it acts as a mild laxative. Make sure she doesnt have pasty butt like Rooster14250 mentioned.

6. thechickfamily

thechickfamily New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    she does not have pasty butt that but I will find some apple suace! Thx fort the reply!- And i just fed her some honey thinking it might work, i read somewhere to use honey in emergencies....and i did mail order her

7. thechickfamily

thechickfamily New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    OMG!!! THX GUYS!!she is no lonfer constipated but has a slight pasty butt from being able to poop! OMG!!! THX!!![​IMG]
    Quote: her cures where:
    apple sauce
    honey
    applesauce and honey mixed together
    and a warm bath!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by