1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help my 4 week old golden polish - PIC!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by silkhope, May 15, 2007.

1. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I'm really worried about her. She has been pretty lethargic and smaller then the others since I got her. I've been giving her special attention since the weekend and can now hear a rattle (kind of like a clicking noise) in her chest when she breathes (pretty laboriously - is that a word?)

She does eat and she will drink but she falls asleep ALL the time... She's definitely not as active as the others.

Any suggestions, what can I give her? I'm going out of town tomorrow and will leave her in the care of my neighbor thru the weekend. I'm sick about leaving her.

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!!

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    This was first posted 2 weeks ago, how is your little girl doing?

3. silkhope

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Sorry BeckyLa, I just wanted to clarify that I posted it tonight 5/15! (No worries!) Anyone?

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh dear.....she is BEAUTIFULL!!!! Have you given her electrolytes in her water? Vitamins? Maybe a little boiled egg yolk? How is her poo? Normal? I so hope she makes it ok, what a BEAUTIFULL hen! I WANT ONE!!!!

5. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    give three drops of Polyvisol (liquid childrens vitamins A,B,D) once a day for a week and see if this will help her...keep her eating and drinking...

6. silkhope

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion, we did give her the Polyvisol but unfortunately we lost little "Aretha" over the weekend [​IMG]

7. michellerene

michellerene Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Graham, WA
    Man, I'm so sorry! She was a beautiful bird! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by