1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please help my 6 yr old with his chicken!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by starlingsbaby, Dec 11, 2012.

1. starlingsbaby

starlingsbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2012
    Lawtey Florida
    MY 6 YR OLD HAS A CHICKEN THAT A FOX GOT AHOLD OF AND I GOT OUT IN TIME BUT HER LEG IS BROKEN AND I HAVE TO HAVE IT FIXED AND I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 AND I DONT HAVE ALL THE FUNDS SO IM TRYIN TO RAISE THE MONEY. HE BROKE MY HEART THE OTHER DAY I ASKED HIM WHAT HE WANTED FROM SANTA AND HE HAD TO TELL SANTA WHAT HE WANTED AND HE SAID ALL HE WANTED IS FOR HIS CHICKEN TO GET HER LEG FIXED. i WAS TORE TO PIECES. SO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP PLZ PM ME I WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATIVE IF YOU COULD HELP ME MAKE MY 6 YR OLD ONE HAPPY LIL BOY FOR CHRISTMAS.

2. Chicken Goddess

Chicken Goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

if she is a fairly old chicken (more than 7 wks) keep her still and stop the leg from moving. take her to a vet and they would help.

3. rikithemonk

rikithemonk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Mont Dora Florida
    Have you tried splinting the leg?

4. starlingsbaby

starlingsbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2012
    Lawtey Florida
    i took her to the vet and she is almost a year old and they are charging me 125.00 and i do not have all of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by