Please help my baby chicks are sick

Anna1991

Hatching
Feb 22, 2021
My baby chicks have been pooping blood for more than a week. I treated them with sulphadiazine Trimethoprim Bolus tablets as told by the store guy. I used the medicine for 5 days. But there has been no good result. I started deworming them with Albendazole. But still no result. My chicks are still roaming around happily. They have no visible symptoms. What should I do?

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
My baby chicks have been pooping blood for more than a week. I treated them with sulphadiazine Trimethoprim Bolus tablets as told by the store guy. I used the medicine for 5 days. But there has been no good result. I started deworming them with Albendazole. But still no result. My chicks are still roaming around happily. They have no visible symptoms. What should I do?
Can you please post pictures of your chicks and their poops?
What are you feeding them?
How old are they?
Where are they living? Pictures please.
I would treat with amprolium (Corid) if I saw blood in chick poop. The dose is 2 tps 9.6% Corid to one gallon of water. Give this as the sole source of drinking water for 7 days, changing the water daily.
After 7 days, drop the concentration to 1 tsp per gallon of water and continue to treat for another 7 days.

Top Bottom