1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help My Baby Duckling

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by louandneil, Jun 23, 2011.

1. louandneil

louandneil Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Hi I have a baby duckling that I had to help hatch after 2 days. He had his head really low and couldn't lift it. His one eye also has the lid half over it and his feet were closed. After an hour he was still no better so I gave him some multi vit and vit e and also strapped his feet. He can't stand up and keeps rolling on his back. It has been 12 hours now. Is there anything I can do.

2. thechickielady

thechickielady Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear about your duckling. It seems like you're doing all that you really can do. Saving an animal that young is really hard to do. They may just be born with something wrong with them. Just make sure that they are warm with plenty of food and water and hope that they can tough it out.

Good luck to you and your duckling!

3. louandneil

Jun 23, 2011
    thank u I hope so too [​IMG]

4. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    I think I've heard people say they've added a bit of sugar water to help boost chicks. He sounds very poorly, I think you're doing all you can [​IMG]

5. louandneil

Jun 23, 2011
    Thank u its just so sad

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by