Please help my baby turkey!

psycoforsilkies

Songster
8 Years
Oct 23, 2011
East central Texas
He is 8 weeks started snezzing about 3 days ago, had a puffy face on one side, did tylan nasal flush but today is alot worse breathing thru mouth side of face extremley swollen golf ball size
Any ideas turkey people
he is sleeping now in my lap
the discarge is clear like water

Sorry, but I would cull. He looks like he is really suffering and will probably lose vision in that eye.
hit.gif

There is an avian virus that can cause these symptoms in turkeys. If it is the virus, antibiotics won't help and management is focused on prevention. Your other poultry is at risk and the virus can cause death.

None of my other birds is sick , I gave Tylan 50 injection and he is eatting and drinking and living in the house right now. I think it started from using shavings that I dont normally use they were out of the reg ones and this was filled with alot of saw dust think it irritated his eye etc.. but we will see

MY Baby Turkey is doing a little better today, I talked to a vet and am giving tylan and sterile saline wash on the eye and antibiotic oniment to keep it moist. The swelling is not worse but just slightly better, He is eatting and drinking on his own. and in a little brooder inside.

Update ! Baby turkey AKA TomTom is doing great! is not 100% but alot of the swelling is down and I can now see the eye! He is eating and drinking and so happy to see me! still has some swelling but it is not red and hot any more! it is getting better everyday. He has been getting tylan injections everyday, and eye wash and eye antibiotic's. He is not wheezing or snezzing anymore either. So hoping to be 100% soon and get to join his friends again

Back
Top Bottom