Please Help! My beloved Cukoo Muran Hen let out some crows this morning

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sadiepoo, Aug 15, 2014.

1. sadiepoo

sadiepoo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2014
    hampton georgia
    Please tell me this is normal. My supposed hen "Babbs" was doing some crowing this morning as i was on my way to work. Never happened before. she is right at 17 weeks old. We recently got her a new companion hen because her previous companion hen was taken we think by a hawk! I live in subdivision and know crowing will def be a problem. But she is my baby and i don't want to part with her. We havent had eggs yet but she is still young im told and normally this happens around 18/20 weeks. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, I wish I could say that's normal......Hen's usually don't crow. Now, every now and then you do get a hen that will crow, but it's very rare....

I'm going through this right now with a lavender Orpington. I bought him just a few days ago as a male. And, he's got a head like a female, but a rear like a male......So I'll just have to wait and see as he grows......

Every day I look at him thinking....what the heck are you? Boy or girl....I named him Robin, after Robin Williams, since Robin can be a name for boys or girls......

Hugs!

1 person likes this.
  3. sadiepoo

sadiepoo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2014
    hampton georgia
    Is there a sure fire way to know its a Roo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by