Please help! my chick is making gurgle sounds and not being lively

L*A*G*

Songster
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
planet chicken
So I have a chick thats making a gurgle sound when breathing and opening it's beak for every breath! It is also not acting normal, it can move when it wants to but it just stands alone mostly. I picked it up and checked it's "nose" and inside the beak but couldn't find anything unusual. Its gizzard feels empty. It started this to day and is not getting better. Also it's 6 weeks old.
:( thanks for any help! I have no iedea what to do

I had a sick hen and used 1/8th tsp of durmyacin 10 in a cup of water. I got it from tractor supply. Maybe the same dosage in water will work as the chick won't drink as much water as a hen. It sure worked for my sweet girl!

I am experiencing the same problem sneezes and gurgles, listless chicks, etc....put my whole flock(9 chicks) on durmycin-10 starting Sunday if they survive they maybe carriers of CRD, isolated low stress situation(backyard hens) maybe ok, very frustrated first birds in 30 years bought straight from hatchery and they started sneezing at 5 weeks old hardly been outta the brooder
found great info on dosage from web link
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/193203/crd-duramycin-dosage-for-chickens/10
I'm mixing 3/4 of a teaspoon of powder into a one quart plastic mason jar waterer and replacing it every day, dosage is for 7-14 days I'm gonna check everyone real close Sunday(7days) and decide to stop or continue...my chicks are improving but the worst one is still acting punky, may have to cull :-(

Back
Top Bottom