PLEASE HELP!! My chicken can't even walk!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mikaylajean77, Sep 11, 2011.

1. mikaylajean77

mikaylajean77 New Egg

Sep 11, 2011
    My chicken, a Cornish rock, has been laying on it's side for three days now. The top of his leg is swollen and the padding of his feet is swollen along with the bottom of his toes. He fliches when I touch it and I'm thinking it's broken but I'm not sure. Please help me he is full grown and still eating and drinking he just needs to be next to the food due to the fact he cannot walk or move around. I have him seperated from the others should I splent his leg? Will he live? Or should I put him down? I need your help please!?

2. Quiobole

Quiobole Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2010
    Houston
    I stumbled across this today myself. Maybe this will help?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=562624&p=1

It may not be merek's but the Hypericum may still ease the nerves and work. I actually am looking where to buy it myself.

This is just me but: don't take the poor thing's life away if he still has the will live!

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Maybe you can post a picture?

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Sound to me like a possible infection. I would treat with an antibiotic that's not used for respiratory issues. Penicillin, LS-50, someone must know others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by