Please help! My chicken is having trouble walking

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lunybird, Jul 3, 2016.

1. lunybird

lunybird New Egg

Jul 2, 2016
    Please help first timer with chickens!!! My chicken is about four months old she's having trouble walking she keeps falling when walking and shaking she's been eating and drinking very good she looks healthy otherwiseI gave her an Epsom salt bath today and inspected her feet I don't see any signs of splinter or bumble foot or swelling. Is there anything else I can do for her? I feel so bad seeing her like this! I separated her from the flock so she has access to as much food and water as she needs since she can't walk good.

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Welcome to BYC, so sorry to hear your hen is having problems. Does she fall or lay on one side or both? When you sayshe shakes do you mean she has uncontrolled tremors? What is her eye color? Was she vaccinated for Mareks as a chick?

3. lunybird

lunybird New Egg

Jul 2, 2016
    She has not been vaccinated for mareks. The shaking is more like stress or she's scared not so much tremors I am new to this i will try to upload a video so u can see its like she keeps tripping. I put some ACV in her water.

4. 1muttsfan

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
  5. lunybird

lunybird New Egg

Jul 2, 2016
    Thank you so much for the information the link you sent was very helpful! I will try to give it some b vitamines and keep educating myself on this virus poor little chicken.

6. 1muttsfan

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Best of luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by