Please help my duck has something wrong with her!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crazyboutchickenfamily, Sep 14, 2011.

1. crazyboutchickenfamily

crazyboutchickenfamily Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2011
    My son raised this duck(her name is ducky). She is acting weird. She got in the pool playing whe it was hot and I had just put fresh water in it. I think the water may have been too cold. She is still eating and drinking but she drops her head and her body temperature is either cool or getiing cold. This is our first flock of ducks and I don't want to lose any. [​IMG]:fl

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I don't know, but I hope someone can help.

3. crazyboutchickenfamily

Mar 15, 2011
    Thank you:fro:frow To let you know I have kept her in the house and she seems to be doing better. She's eating applesauce and drinking water. She seems to be improving.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    :thumbsupJust saw this post and was going to respond but it sounds like ducky is doing better.

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I sure hope she's OK. Just keep her in comfortable temps overnite and see how she is in the morning.

6. crazyboutchickenfamily

Mar 15, 2011
    She is still improving. No neck and head drooping! When I went to check on her this morning she was standing up waiting on me! [​IMG][​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I'm so glad she's up and moving around. Ducks are the best, aren't they? [​IMG]

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I'm so glad she's up and moving around. Ducks are the best, aren't they? [​IMG]

x2 [​IMG]

9. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    Prolly just got chilled. Ducks are generally very hardy. I have a few pesky muscovys that sleep under a picnic table all winter long with no ill effects..

10. crazyboutchickenfamily

Mar 15, 2011
    Thanks to everyone![​IMG] She is still doing very good! [​IMG] She is still eating and drinking![​IMG] The :lovetemperature here is still kind of cool so she will probobly be in the house at least another day or two. She is going to be so spoiled she may not want to go back out.[​IMG] [​IMG] THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by