DUCK GASPING FOR 3 MONTHS PLEASE HELP (VIDEOS ATTACHED)

One more tip. If you're able to upload the videos to YouTube, that makes it much easier for others to watch. Once uploaded, you can post the link as a reply here and it's easily to watch. Of course I may be doing something wrong but it's taken me a few steps to watch these and I had to download some of them to watch. Please don't take this in any way but me trying to help. I only want the best for you and your duck 💜
I hope you can get someone to consolidate the threads into one! I was getting so confused until you posted there were more threads from the same OP.

It sure would be helpful to know where the OP is located!

Also, videos can be uploaded to Vimeo too. I had a hard time seeing the links also plus they were small.

I'm so sorry. She does appear to be quite unwell. I'll tag some of our knowledgeable members in hopes they can offer their thoughts.
@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Isaac 0 @JaeG @shawluvsbirds @WVduckchick @Conan @FunnyfarmMidwest @Overo Mare

There are other members that are knowledgeable, but let's start here and hopefully someone will be available.

Does she have access to a deep water source? Has she laid today? When did she last lay? Where are you located? Do you have access to an Avian vet?
Thanks for the tag @HeatherKellyB.

OP: I really wish I could be of assistance but I’m not sure what to do in this case. She does look very sick, hopefully someone else comes along that can offer some more advice. I see you did get some helpful advice on your other thread. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

I know that Cinnamon is really good for respiratory issues with chickens. You could try making her a hot mesh with Cinnamon. But I would call my vet though if I were you. You also might want to separate her from your flock. Just in case it's contagious. Praying for you and your duck! :hugs

Thanks she has been like for 4 months. She is one year old. She also has nasal discharge just a clear liquid.Does this look like aspergillosis or a respiratory infection? I don't know how she is still alive as she been like this for nearly 4 months. Do ducks die quickly with a respiratory infection?

@Tekilou can you please tell us what all you have done or tried to help her? that would help us alot.
Only a vet can tell you if this is Asper, Yes upper respiratory infections can kill.
I treated her for gapeworm using zerofen 2 weeks ago but she didn't improve. I have been giving her garlic and apple cider vinegar for the past 2 weeks but no improvement.

I’ve never heard of a duck having an upper respiratory infection for this long. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I may have. Can I ask why you haven’t tried an antibiotic if you have thought it could be URI?

Back
Top Bottom