PLEASE HELP! My duckling/gosling; Gypsy.

Discussion in 'Geese' started by run_trip_fall, Sep 18, 2010.

1. run_trip_fall

run_trip_fall Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2010
    Texas
    I found a duckling wandering my neighborhood yesterday with no duck pond for at least a mile. It was alone and I would like to take care of it and give it a forever home, it has already begun to bond to me and I to it. I have been looking at website after website all day. Any help is greatly appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Cute bird. I have no idea what it is, but it's cute. If it is wild you cannot keep it without a rehab license, so I wouldn't get too attached or let too many people know you have it until you know what it is. Good luck. I hope things work out for you both.

3. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    Looks like a duckling [​IMG] The nose holes on a duck are closer up to the top of the bill, as is your new little critter's.

Those are some LONG legs! I hope someone can identify this for you!! Try posting this pic over in the duck section if you haven't already. I'm gonna go check over there . . .

4. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    It almost looks like it could be some sort of Egyptian Gosling. [​IMG] It just has way to long of legs to be a duck. If you google Them they look a lot like your little Gypsy. Good Luck [​IMG]

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    This thread is a duplicate. It was established that the bird is a type of wild duckling. The thread on the duckling forum has all the info and is under the same title.

6. J3172

J3172 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Im going to say tree duck.

7. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Quote:Nope. The consensus was it is a Black Bellied Whistling Duck.

8. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    It looks like a duck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by