Please Help My Duckling

Status
Not open for further replies.

louandneil

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
I have a 12 hr ducklings who hasn't been able to stand since born. His head was Hung low at first and his one eye is half closed with third lid over it. His feet are also closed. He just keeps rolling on floor. I have tried rapping him up in a towel so he is upright and have given multi vit and vit e capsules. What else can I do? He was also helped out of shell as had been 2 days

He may just need some more time. If you helped him from the egg- there was obviously a reason and he is either tired from trying to hatch- or just not moving much as he wasnt quite ready yet. There can get very tired if they were shrink wrapped and being cramped up in the egg it can take a day for some if them to really start moving around well. Keep an eye on it over the next few hours- if thats all it is- he will improve- if not- there may not be much you can do for it. Sometimes they will hatch with internal problems and not make it even when they look Ok on the outside.

hugs.gif
Good Luck with your duckling
hugs.gif

Thank u so much for your reply. He looked really crammed in when he came out. He is huddled with some other chicks under the brooder now so ill have to just see

Thank u so much for your reply. He looked really crammed in when he came out. He is huddled with some other chicks under the brooder now so ill have to just see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom