Okay well, about 2 months ago I got about 8 breeds of ducklings. They have all been doing fine until today. I keep them in a pen at night and they free range all day after the morning feed. This moring one of the Mallards was just lying there, it looked dead. When I picked it up I noticed a little life so we sat there and tried to get it to drink some sugar water for energy and hydration after about 30 minutes it passed away. We noticed 2 other ducks acting a little strange and slow so we put them in a small pen with plenty of food and water. This evening we pulled up and saw 3 Welsh Harlequins and a Pekin just lying there all layed out like they were dead or toxic. The symptoms are slow, lackadasical movement, wandering around (not with the flock) lack of interest or fear, and in the later stages just plain layed out, barely moving, slight twitching like seizures, no eating or really drinking. I don't want to prejudice an experienced diagnosis but it really appears that they got into a big bag of cannibis, they didn't, or some mushrooms, or a bottle of vodka. After this springs drought followed by a lot of rain in the last 2 weeks there are mushrooms all over I know many are poisonous and some are hallucinagenic. I've looked through their droppings and in the areas they play during the day and can't find anything. I was hoping it would pass but now one's dead and four are in intensive care. btw the other 2 we put aside this morning seemed to be doing well enough this evening so we put them back with the others so we could use the space for the four sick ones. If any one is familiar with these symptoms or what I might be dealing with please help. Thank you! Also would a vet be able to autopsy one and tell me? And if so, about what would that cost?