Please help! My Hen is sick!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tnorton072205, Mar 27, 2017.

1. tnorton072205

tnorton072205 Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Hi everyone, I need help with my chicken. She is very lethargic like no energy at all. She wants to eat and drink but no energy to eat or drink. She is a year old. I'm not sure what breed she is maybe a golden lace Wyandotte. I bought her from rural king and they said she was a buckeye but she dont look like a buckeye. Anyway, she hasn't laid an egg in about 4 days maybe longer. Her poop was runny at first but now is white, green and solid. She can't move she can barely stand and her head is always down. I've checked her crop and it was hard but has since came down with help. Her belly seems swollen but she is so skinny I can't tell if her belly is supposed to be like that. Her comb looks pink like its supposed to. No runny nose. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Ahsan Naeem

Ahsan Naeem New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    If she has a twisted neck, I think she may be suffering from Wrey neck(vitamin E deficiency)
    I guess due to this she cant eat or drink properly.

3. Maybe we could get a picture of her if possible. Vitamin deficiencies seem to be a common thing with chickens.

4. tnorton072205

Mar 27, 2017
    [​IMG]
    She eats and drinks when i put it in her face. Shes so skinny that her bones are prominent. I dont think it wry neck he neck seems fine to me. I had another chicken just like her that died a few weeks ago suddenly.thank you for your inpoint I'm new to raising chicken and any advice is very much appreciated.

5. tnorton072205

Mar 27, 2017
    I think she maybe internally laying or she has ascites because i just seen another thread on here about draining chicken and i did that. 3 fat vials worth of milking yellow fluid came out. I'm not sure want this means any help with this?? Thanks

6. Bruster Rooster

Bruster Rooster Just Hatched

Oct 15, 2016
    Northwest Florida

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by