1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please Help my Little girl

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickchickadee, Jan 18, 2010.

1. chickchickadee

chickchickadee New Egg

Jan 18, 2010
    I really need Help!She won't eat,drink.Just stays' by herself.Won't come out of the coop at all. is hiding under the nesting area.She Is still standing. won't let me touch her. She has been like this for 3 days. She a black face spanish. She used to be very active with the other chickens. What can I do Please Help???

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Have you checked to see if she is egg bound or not? Try looking at her vent area to see if it looks normal. It could be one of many issues, but I'd start with looking into this first.

3. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    [​IMG]

Quote:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. slightlyscrambled

slightlyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Nebraska
    I have a little bantam hen that is the same way now. She used to be top of the flock but now hides under nest boxes, so I make sure she has food and water there and just keep an eye on her. Good luck with her.

5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Does she lay offten? Like somone said before she could be egg bound

6. chickchickadee

chickchickadee New Egg

Jan 18, 2010
    my little girl passed away that day that I post It on this site.Thank all of you for your input. The next time I will send more info.but hope there Is never another time. Thank you anyway. Chickchickadee

7. weedemnreap

weedemnreap Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2009
    So sorry; I lost one yesterday too and keep wondering if I could have done more. Here's to it not happening again.

8. Country4ever

Country4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Sorry for your loss. Sometimes, these things just happen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by