PLEASE HELP! My parents chicken has been 'clucking' for 2 days!

Thatsmychicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 7, 2011
Please help me! My parents have had these chickens for a few years and one of them has been clucking for 2 days. She's starting to sound like a goose it's really loud. They arent doing anything about it but Im worried she's in pain or something is wrong. She's eating, drinking, and acts normal but wont stop making noise. It's almost like something is caught in her throat and she's trying to cough it up. What should I do? She's pretty old too.

If it is an actual "clucking" sound and not the egg song she might be getting ready to sit on a nest. My mother-in-law pointed this out to me several months back and sure enough I had a hen start sitting. She sat for exactly 30 days and then flew the coop.
roll.png
Yesterday my mother-in-law pointed out again that she hears that clucking noise. Of course, she would decide after I purchased baby chicks this weekend. Now this is not a very loud noise so if your hen is really loud it could be something else. Hopefully someone with a lot more experience will be able to help.

I thought it was her egg song but it's been going on for day. Unless it's a huge egg? They've never acted like this before and they've had these chickens for a few years.

My parents have 2 of the same kind of this bird, she has black and white feathers. Sorry I dont know the names My parents take care of them. The one that's being loud her eyes are droopy and you cant see any color in her eye. She looks exhausted. They other one's eyes are normal and you can see color. I dont want her to be in pain Im scared. What do I do?

could she be egg bound? you can soak her in some nice warm water and see if that helps. sometimes soaking will help them relax enough to help the egg pass.. has she been laying up till now?

She's been walking around like normal. Everything seems normal except for the constant clucking. And by constant I mean every 2 minutes. I dont think she's egg bound this sound is like a scream rather than her usual noise when she's about to lay an egg.

Not sure when she last layed eggs. I did see a few eggs in their kitchen when I went over. There were abou 6 eggs and there's 5 chickens.

I tried putting her in warm water she sat there for about 15 minutes seemed to relax a little bit more and more but then got spooked and jumped out. When she was in the water she seemed to go back to her normal 'egg song' and sounded normal but then began to scream louder and louder. My parents recently got 20 new baby chicks and I brought her into the room where my parents keep them to relax her. She didnt see them at first but then got louder when she ran out the door. We keep them seperate but I wonder if she hears the new chicks and is hostile.

Back
Top Bottom