Please Help!!!My peachick is sick! Whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by 9farmgirl9, Jun 26, 2011.

1. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    I just got my pea chicks about a week ago. They were doing great but today i noticed one was very doopy. i went in and its sleeping---i thought it was dead but it wasn't---usually when they see me they go to the farthest part. Then i put them outsiide. Its not as active as it was and it closes its eyes or lays down.but when im there it acts like its ok. I need your help i dont want to loose them. And there isnt anything else wrong with it bbesides its behavoir. The other pea walks around with the guinea keets while the other one sits by itself, and the other peachick calls him but he doesn't answer!!!!! HELP!!!!

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG] poor baby..
    Try this:

Make some sugar water and poly-vi sol mixture and put some in a spoon and hold it up to it's beek so the beek is sitting in the mix, it will drink a little , feed it to it every 30 to 45 minutes till it perks up.

I saved one of my baby peas this way and have saved many other birds also.

If nothing else it will give them some energy to get threw what is bothering them before they starve or dehydrate

Here's the mixture recipe:
    1cup of warm water to dissolve the sugar
    4 table spoons of sugar
    half a dropper of poly-vi sol

Hope this helps the little one [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  3. 9farmgirl9

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    Ok thank you i will try this. When i am not holding it it goes to sleep---but it looks dead and when i am holding it it freaks out and calls the other peas then i set it down takes a couple steps and lays down goes to sleep.

4. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Mine did the exact same thing and she is a happy healthy girl now [​IMG]

5. 9farmgirl9

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    I gave him some. Hope he or she gets better. [​IMG]

6. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just keep giving it to him/ her, it takes a little while to work but it is worth it, when mine did this i just wanted to cry but i knew it worked for guineas,chickens and ducks and it did worked for her to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by