PLEASE HELP!! My vet won't answer my emergency calls !

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by samjer, Nov 9, 2013.

1. samjer

samjer New Egg

Nov 9, 2013
    East bridgewater
    I have a 6 month old hen whose been sick since Tuesday ( it is now Saturday ) I took her to my vet on Tuesday . He told me she looked a little sickly and examined her , have her some shots and sent me on my way with baytril to give her at home for a week. Thursday I noticed no improvements she was still puffed up lethargic not eating or drinking . I called my vet Thursday night he said keep and eye on her, keep giving the baytril and gave me his personal cell to call sat if still not improving. Friday came and I couldn't take seeing her like that anymore I called his cell number and he did not answer. I felt her crop and it was still hard but I knew she hadn't been eating because she barely moved since Tuesday . I took her to the emergency clinic and paid $170 for them to insert fluid to break up the crop. I took her home and finally she pooped which she hasn't done in days and she drank a little..now it's Saturday night and were back to square one . She is not eating drinking or pooping or even keeping her eyes open.. Her crop is not hard just fluid like.. Idk what to do please HELP

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    I would use a eye dropper and dribble water into her mouth. Hard boil a egg and mash it up and feed her. She will die if she doesn't eat and drink. Good Luck.

3. samjer

samjer New Egg

Nov 9, 2013
    East bridgewater
    Thankyou. I did just get back from the store I got a dropper and got some fluid into her and I did try giving her some yogurt :( fingers crossed

4. K R 2709

K R 2709 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2013
    BC, Canada
    I hope that everything turns out alright. I am new with chickens but it sounds like it could be impacted crop or sour crop, if you look it up you can check if the symptoms Mach up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by