PLEASE HELP - My Young chicken is pooping white watery mix!!!

Coco1023

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 29, 2011
MASS
Hello All-
I am new to this but indeed need some directions. My young 6 months old black sex link girl is getting sick. She stops eating and and pooping white watery mess. See similar pic below. She is drinking a little and walking but looks very tired and very quite- she used to be energentic and active.
What is the matter and what can I use to treat her????
I am very nervous and if any useful tips and treatment you can provide is greatly appreciated.
watery1.jpg

Sorry, I was just looking at this site I reccomended, and it looks like to me you used one of their pictures. Wish I could of helped, but hopefully some-one that knows will chime in.

Hello - Thank you for responding! Her poop looks white and with some light yellow color. It feels watery and light not thick at all.
I don't know what is going on but i have noticed her feeling tired and not eating much a few days ago, but her poop was okay, and today she stops eating. We have another girl who is currently laying they are about the same age. But she is skinny and not laying any eggs. She is about 6 months age.
She doesnt want to drink neither, so i try to feed her little bit water today.
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

it hurts me to see her going through this- what would be the cause and what to treat her?

Last edited:
isolate her from the flock so you can monitor her, you may need to put vitamins in her water, and drip water on her beak to get her to drink- i have a hen i had this with this week, she had sour crop- might do a search for that...

Hello - I got her on vitamin water and gave her antibiotics water soluable today. I noticed that she started to sneeze few times today. She isn't really eating, she only eats a bit of corn (her fav food) and only drinks the vitamin water when I forced her to.
sad.png

Does she has a cold? She was out most of the day yesterday and it was like in the 40s. My other girl who is like her age is totally fine (and is laying).

Should I separate her from the healthy girl? Will antibiotic be enough for her. I am not sure if she really has a cold.
Thank you anyone who is trying to help here!!!!
smile.png

Hi artsyrobin, thank you for getting back to me!!! it has been a crazy day for me trying to figure out what is wrong with my girl.
So this morning, her crop feels around and full, not hard. I know she is supposed to have an empty crop but it isnt. So I dont know if its sour crop? She doesnt have a sour or smelly breath. I have been giving her vitamin water only by force and she doesnt eat anything still. Her poop is still yellow running watery.
I read online that I can use oilve oil to massage her crop so that the sour liquid will come out....will it work? Anyone has any experiences?

Please HELP!!!

Back
Top Bottom