1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help! Need to know the breed of this pullet.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SugarDuck, Nov 26, 2010.

1. SugarDuck

SugarDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Lamar, AR.
    We bought some chicks from Atwoods here in Arkansas on 9-18-10. We bought 3 straight run bantams. Two silkies (black and splash) and one buff cochin. We bought two EE's, BR, BO and then what the store clerk told us was a white cornish and a dark cornish. All of these were tagged as pullets. After a while we figured out the white cornish is really another EE. Has dark green legs with a muff like an EE. Definitely looks and acts like the other two EE's we bought. After looking at the "Dark Cornish" we did some researching and realized they don't have dark green legs either. However, she doesn't have a muff or beard whatsoever. I had to take some pics with my cell so I hope they show up ok. We're thinking maybe Sicilian Buttercup, Golden Campine or something other than dark cornish?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

EE's don't always have beards/muffs. If it has green legs, it's more than likely an EE. The feather coloration/pattern looks like an EE pullet to me.

3. tberryer

tberryer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    Looks like an EE to me.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    That's an Easter Egger.

You must remember, EE's are mutts, so they can have a variety of leg color, plumage color, and of course either muffs and beard or a clean face. [​IMG]

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

EE. [​IMG] Very pretty, too.

6. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    That is a very nice EE pullet [​IMG]

7. SugarDuck

SugarDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Lamar, AR.
    Thank you! We are really glad that it's not a Dark Cornish. Nothing against them but it's a pet for one of our many kids and we didn't want it to have leg problems with the potential weight gain. We are glad to have the additional EE's. Thanks!

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Dark Cornish don't get leg problems. You're thinking of Cornish X, which is something entirely different. [​IMG] Dark Cornish are actually a very healthy, old breed that does very well with kids, and are excellent broody/mothering hens.

9. chicken wild

chicken wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Franklin Ga
    Ee

10. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    I don't know but she is cute...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by