Separate names with a comma.
Check out our Random Pics Page here, or learn more about it here.
Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by leslie0815, Feb 8, 2008.
can someone please tell me how to do a molasses flush for possible poisoning????????
what are you flushing? a chicken? how old?
Molasses flush = 1 pint molasses per 5 gallons water, given for no longer than 8 hours. Give as needed for GI system distress and possible poisoning.
Molasses flush is 1 pint molasses per 5 gallons water given over a period of 8 hours withhold all other food or water.
The break down is -
(1 PINT = 2 CUPS)
2 cups to 5 gallons water
1 cup to 2.5 gallons of water
1/2 cup to 1.25 gallons of water
1/4 cup to 2 quarts water
4 tablespoons to 1 quart water
The molasses acts as a laxative by pulling water into the intestines and flushing it out.
I would mix it by the quart.
She can't stand now and her neckis all twisted. She also has what I call the cottage cheese stuff in her eyes.I did the flush with molasses, but since she has developed the cheesey stuff I started Tylan 50. This is all I know to do.....she has held on now for 4 days but I don't know how......bless her heart she is so pitiful.
What have I missed? What are we flushing, what has been happening?
My RP turkey, thought it was poison, now showing other symptoms.
That flush was dosage for a chicken that had been poisoned. I don't know about treating a turkey. When I have very sick birds and can't help them I cull.
Sorry I can't be of better help.
How's your turkey today, Leslie?
He is not doing good at all, I want hubby to do the deed tomorrow but I don't know the most humane way to euthanize a grown turkey........he is such a pretty bird.....