Please Help..........NEW ISSUE...Too Late he died

Molasses flush = 1 pint molasses per 5 gallons water, given for no longer than 8 hours. Give as needed for GI system distress and possible poisoning.
Good luck.
Brian

Molasses flush is 1 pint molasses per 5 gallons water given over a period of 8 hours withhold all other food or water.

The break down is -

(1 PINT = 2 CUPS)

2 cups to 5 gallons water

1 cup to 2.5 gallons of water

1/2 cup to 1.25 gallons of water

1/4 cup to 2 quarts water

4 tablespoons to 1 quart water

The molasses acts as a laxative by pulling water into the intestines and flushing it out.

I would mix it by the quart.

Last edited:
She can't stand now and her neckis all twisted. She also has what I call the cottage cheese stuff in her eyes.I did the flush with molasses, but since she has developed the cheesey stuff I started Tylan 50. This is all I know to do.....she has held on now for 4 days but I don't know how......bless her heart she is so pitiful.

Thanks Ya.ll
Leslie

That flush was dosage for a chicken that had been poisoned. I don't know about treating a turkey. When I have very sick birds and can't help them I cull.

Sorry I can't be of better help.

He is not doing good at all, I want hubby to do the deed tomorrow but I don't know the most humane way to euthanize a grown turkey........he is such a pretty bird.....
028.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom