Please help one sick chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ramirezjl24, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ramirezjl24

ramirezjl24 New Egg

Jun 23, 2011
    Can anyone please tell me what might be going on with my chick? She seems to to gasping for air. When I went to check on them she was laying on her side and couldn't roll over. I turned her over and then noticed that she just didn't seem chipper as she normally does. She is 6-7 weeks old. Please anyone help me save my chick.

2. pippsqueak

pippsqueak Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    Grants Pass
    It could be a number of things. Is she in a brooder or in a coop now? Are you or did you give them electrolytes in their water? Is it hot where you live?

3. ramirezjl24

ramirezjl24 New Egg

Jun 23, 2011
    I live in Ohio and it wasn't really hot today. I believe the high was around 75 or so, and I brought her inside. She was outdoors with all rest of our flock. I'm new to this chicken raising so any help would be greatful. Also new to this site so please be patient with me. [​IMG] Thank you

4. pippsqueak

pippsqueak Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    Grants Pass
    It could really be anything. I'm new with raising chickens to so I understand how you feel. I would try giving her some electrolytes and something high in protein like yogurt or scrambled eggs. She just might need a boost to help her. The temperature probably isn't an issue. Try the electrolytes and protein and see how she does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by