Please help our new mom to know what we are.....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Feathers, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I inherited 3 new chicks and am hoping someone can help to identify the breed(s)...
    From the info I was give... they are now approximately 5 weeks old...and do look that age.
    There are 3 little greys all similar in appearance. I did not want to overloard with several photos of each...
    hope these show enough....
    Chick 1
    [​IMG]

Chick 2
    [​IMG]

Chick 3 love the stinkeye I got from blocking his/her sun bath
    [​IMG]

I think it is too early to tell gender although I am predicting two pullets and a roo at this time.

Thanks

2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I can't see leg color, but they look like they could be blue ameraucanas, if their legs are slate-colored. Most likely Easter Eggers, but possibly the other. Lucky you, good inheritance!

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Either Blue Ameraucanas or Blue Easter Eggers. Time will tell. Sexing can be a pain for those and can be confusing till they hit 10-12 weeks old.

Matt

4. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks...they do have slate coloured legs so we will just wait and see. We have black ameraucanaXaustralorp EE`s in our flock so what a great bonus it would be to have blues or EE`s of that cross. We think they were a wonderful gain whatever they turn out to be. Now just hope there is at least one pullet.[​IMG]

5. Senna95

Senna95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Woodland
    I have a few 5 or 6 week old chicks that look exactly the same. They're ameraucana/copper maran cross. Can't wait for their eggs! Should be dark khaki.....

6. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    I agree with everyone! The only one that looks remotely boyish to me is the third. But, you never know with EEs. (If that's what they are)

7. Mrs. Feathers

Apr 2, 2010
    Yes....the third one is looking rooish, more "bumps" to the comb but not as red as my other EE`s have been by 5 weeks so I am wishfully crossing my fingers. A very funny little chick. He won`t hop on to me but stands staring and waits to be picked up. Then makes this very sweet little cooing sound while flopping his head right back and falling asleep. DH says he is getting ready for the cone [​IMG]
    Senna95...I bet your ameraucana x copper marans will be beautiful birds. I would like to add marans to our flock next spring...and on it grows.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by