Please HELP. Pipped and unzipping in the wrong direction?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by alligrace, Jun 25, 2016.

1. alligrace

alligrace Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2015
    Texas
    So it's day 20 for the eggs in the incubator. The first chick (which is also my favorite) just pipped on the wrong end. After freaking out and doing quick research on the subject, I searched for movement to be sure she was still alive in there. Luckily, she did not drown in fluids or anything from the malpositioning. But now I'm worried because she is unzipping the wrong direction.
    Here (below) is the first pip she made. The line on the opposite end of the egg is the air cell.
    [​IMG]
    Now, here is the direction she is unzipping... (sorry about the low quality of the photos...they're mainly there to explain what I mean by "wrong direction")
    [​IMG]
    So my question is, will she be able to unzip successfully in this direction around the egg? I know it's still early and there could be a lot of time between now and when the chick pops out, but do I need to do anything to help her out more?
    Also, I don't want to "let nature take its course" or leave her alone since she's weaker or anything like that. Please help! Thanks so much!!

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
  3. alligrace

alligrace Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2015
    Texas
  4. elias dagher

elias dagher New Egg

Jun 21, 2016
    Hi guys can anyone help this is the 23 day 6 chicks are hatched and i opened the rest eggs and i found this three and yolk still out what happened with them ?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by