Please Help! Pullet or Roo??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kimberbach, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Kimberbach

Kimberbach Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2016
    NE Louisiana
    I have 4 babies that were born mid May. I was hoping for hens but it looks like 1/2 and 1/2. I was also told I could identify pullets from Roos by their combs.... one of my babies (pullet I think) is a scissor beak. I was told early on to eliminate her, but until she's shows distress NO WAY. She's full of spunk and personality. She is the first to try anything and will hop on me first chance she gets. I'd appreciate any help you guys could give me. These are my first chicks to raise. I have 3 hens and 1 snarky roo which were supposed to be doms but all but 1 is a Barred Rock I'm told....another silly question ... do both sexes have beards, all seem to [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Neex full body pics.

3. Mr Beaks

Mr Beaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Hmm, looks like all but the 1st are cockerels but pics of the whole body to confirm would be great.

4. Kimberbach

May 18, 2016
    NE Louisiana
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Yes, both sexes have beards n muffs :).

6. eleaserek

eleaserek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    Billings, MT

The first is a pullet, and the second two are cockrels. And beards will appear with both sexes :) they are all very pretty Easter eggers though!

7. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Looks like the 1st is a pullet. Pretty sure the other 2 are cockerels.

8. hnichols

hnichols Out Of The Brooder

I think the first picture is of a pullet and the next two are cockerals- never know i could be wrong. Lovely looking birds by the way

9. Kimberbach

May 18, 2016
    NE Louisiana
    Thanks so much guys! I have to agree, but I was hoping. Lol They all are soooo sweet but I have 1 roo (Snarky) and his 3 ladies (Josephine, Ms Chicken and Froggy) so I don't think I need to keep the Roos [​IMG]. My Snarky is SUPER to his ladies but I'm NOT his favorite. They are Barred Rocks

10. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Your girl looks a lot like my Gracie
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by