1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Please help pullets or roo's (better pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by celonecoop, Jul 30, 2013.

1. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    Any help just trying to figure out what we have since they should start laying soon I hope but nothing yet
    [​IMG]

2. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    [​IMG]

3. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    [​IMG]

4. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    [​IMG]

5. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    [​IMG]

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    Speckled Sussex in first photo and blue colored bird in third photo are roosters. The others look like hens.

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 Free Ranging Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    That blue bird is a rooster, not sure about the sussex or if those are three different birds. The first picture especially, has some very suspicious tail feathers, but from what I can see in the picture I would expect more comb and wattle development if it is close to five months old. You might want to take some head shots for better guesses.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    For sure, the blue bird (Blue orpington?) is a male. A closer look at the Sussex's face and a better side view picture would help. I'm going to go with male for both of them, though.

9. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    I am so frustrated so basically I have a whole hen house full of roosters the speckled Sussex were sold as 99% pullets go figure I would get the 1% roo so that would mean if your correct I have 4 roos and 3 pullets uggg I will try to get better pics of them tonight and post them on here its just hard they got attacked by our Grammies dog (which no longer lives with us) and lost two to a fox so they are quite skittish they are just starting to come around and get calm again. I thank you for all your help everybody

10. celonecoop

celonecoop Chirping

Jul 29, 2013
    Quakertown,PA
    Here are some better pics (i think) any help would be great the two Sussex look the same as well as the two grey Orpingtons ( one which now crows) and the two black orpingtons so I'm guessing what one is the other is two lol if that makes cence and the one I definitely know is my roo there's no demeaning that one
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: