1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please help! Really frustrated by leg band sizes.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by LilBitCuckoo, Nov 6, 2015.

1. LilBitCuckoo

LilBitCuckoo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    My flock has grown as has my breeding program. I have finally reached the point where I can not do without numbered leg bands. I have read past and present and have just given up until now due to frustration. I do believe I need the numbered ones. The chart I find about proper sizing shows numbers, or inches in fractions. However, when I go on Ebay to order, everything is shown in millimeters. This is driving me nuts! I need numbered leg bands for everything from newly hatched chicks, too adult bantams, all the way up to 8 pound chickens. I raise bantam cochins, bantam sultans, LF polish, silkies, Olive Eggers, LF Turkens,and a few more. I do not breed all of those of course, but I'm pairing some special breedings, such as second generation olive eggers. I really need numbered leg bands that will stay on even if I have to change them out as the chickens grow. I need to keep accurate records of the age of these chickens, who they have been bred with, etcetera. Please advise on proper leg band sizes in millimeters or where I can get the information. Thank you so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by