1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help roo or hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Samkeidenkeiran, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Samkeidenkeiran

Samkeidenkeiran Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2016
    Hi there im buying these two bantam x aracaunas both im not sure.of the sex can any one tell please the lavenderish one is the one in front thank [​IMG]
    you[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Samkeidenkeiran

Aug 18, 2016
    Sorry i forgot to mention they are 5 and ahalf weeks old

3. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    At 5.5 weeks there is too much redness in their combs. If you want pullets, I would walk away from them both. The patchy colouring on the second one also suggests roo.

4. Samkeidenkeiran

Aug 18, 2016
    Thank you so much for your reply i really appreciate it thank you

5. Samkeidenkeiran

Aug 18, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can you also tell this one similar breed mum is the silkiexfrizzle nxt to it and roo was lavender aracauna this one is one i already own its five weeks old now

6. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    I'm not saying 100% that the first two are roos but there is a good probability.... I'm 85% confident.

That last one is more difficult and I'm not leaning either way at the moment. Post another photo in a few weeks.

7. Samkeidenkeiran

Aug 18, 2016
    Thanks very much i think i will lay off buying the other two as my other silkie x frizzle is on about 4 fertile eggs atm..if mine turns out to be a roo ill just x him with my hens thanks so much for your help [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by