Please help Roo or Pullet??

mrsp523

Songster
12 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Western Mass
A while back someone said the first 3 pics are of a speckled sussex ~ but now questioning if she is a he as back feathers go up. (S)he is always the one who has to sit near our Roo (which now I'm also questioning only because someone posted one similar to him and theirs is a pullet) 2nd pic is of what I was told is a buff (cross). We have had him pegged as a Roo because he clearly takes charge of the others, comb started coming in very red at a young age, he's also the biggest, and doesnt really roost at night, he sits on the end with the girls, laying on the ramp more than he is roosting. These ones are 10 weeks. Last pic is of my little bantam with ADHD just 8 wks old. Golden Campine, and she better be a she!

Thanks for all your help!
smile.png

55220_iphone_026.jpg

55220_iphone_025.jpg

55220_iphone_018.jpg

55220_iphone_014.jpg

55220_iphone_021.jpg

Hope I did these pics right for viewing.

Here are a few close ups of the buff at 8 weeks. Glad you think the speckled sussex is a pullet. A bit to timid for me to be a roo.

55220_iphone_065.jpg

55220_iphone_063.jpg

Really? 14 and not one Roo! We were hoping for 1 Roo. Is it normal for a pullet to take charge? She is always running around and keeping them in line. And her back feathers go up rather than down like the other two like her. If they walk to far off she pulls them in, and she is the only one to go up to my cat and let him know that he best leave them be.

Looks like I will be on the market for a Roo... Thanks for the replies.

oh you have 14, I thought you had only the ones that show on the pictures, the ones on the pictures look like pullets, but you might have a rooster on the others that are not on the picture

9 of them we ordered as pullets from MPC. (including the bantam shown) We got 5 others that we were taking a chance at. The people didnt know their sex or breed for sure...they ordered them and think they got into more than they planned. It was just wishful thinking that I would in total have 13 ladies and 1 Roo. And a Buff Roo would have been great even if it was a cross with RIR or similar. Funny most end up with too many roos.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom