1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

PLEASE HELP! Rooster 13 weeks located Victoria, Australia

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Unearthed wonder, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Unearthed wonder

Unearthed wonder In the Brooder

Sep 21, 2018
    Needs a home ASAP!
    Beautiful 13 week old rooster Hand raised from 1 day old. Due to having a children's service we can sadly no longer keep it as he is too much of a liability and we don't have space to seperate him. Was supposedly sexed at birth from hatchery, however, obviously they got it wrong!

Kayla’s Chickens likes this.
  2. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Addicted to Birds

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
  3. Unearthed wonder

Sep 21, 2018
    Kayla’s Chickens likes this.
  4. rotorman

rotorman In the Brooder

Sep 25, 2016
    If you can get him on an airplane to the United STates, I will gladly take him and pay all expenses. You just have to do the leg work. I am an animal rescuer, have had two roosters. They are my favorite critter!! see my rescue site www.angelsindistress.com
    also my business site www.tendskin.com

I know its a long flight but if there is no other choice, its better than euthanizing him. At least he has a chance. If he makes it, he will be loved and have a GREAT home and spoiled rotten!!

Take care
    Steve

5. Feather Hearts

Feather Hearts Crowing

Oct 4, 2016
    Northland, New Zealand
    That is actually a good idea, but it may be difficult. I'd recommend that the OP(if he/she are willing) to read up on import laws to the US. May be a long shot though, still if OP is willing it may be worth a try.

I live in New Zealand, and imports of live birds are strictly prohibited sadly.

I wish you luck in finding him a wonderful home @Unearthed wonder

6. Unearthed wonder

Sep 21, 2018
    I have found a rooster sanctuary Within an hour from home. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks for the offer!

Feather Hearts likes this.
  7. jonaeselaye

jonaeselaye Songster

Nov 3, 2018
    Melbourne, Australia
    What is the name of the rooster sanctuary?
    One of our girls turned out to be a roo as well.
    We are keeping him but just in case it doesn't work out I'm collecting a list of sanctuaries in Victoria as a Plan C :)

8. Unearthed wonder

Sep 21, 2018
    There is one in Packenham and the rooster man in Wesburn. We ended up calling the breeder who said because of his age he would not be culled but sold. When they saw how huge and healthy he was, ended up keeping him for breeding purposes there. They exchanged for 3 pullets.

9. jonaeselaye

jonaeselaye Songster

Nov 3, 2018
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's awesome, glad to hear he won't be culled. Very good outcome.

Unfortunately I don't think my boy would be taken in for breeding purposes because he's a mixed breed. I guess for now he's staying in the suburbs :)

10. Sagey_7878

Sagey_7878 Songster

Sep 1, 2017
    Australia
    Do you have his address? I live in Victoria and always end up with roosters that I can’t keep sadly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: