Please Help Sex This Silkie

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by countrygirl911, Aug 13, 2011.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    This 12 week old silkie is the survivor of a coon attack and i would love to know it it is a boy or a girl any help would be greatly appreciated there has been no crowing yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Just a good guess but I say male. Lots of streamers coming in.

3. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I vote male also, but tell about the attack... is he gonna be OK?

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I also think male.

5. SilkieMomma

SilkieMomma Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2010
    My guess would be male. Hope he does okay... he looks sad!

6. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    he is going to be ok still a little trama tized by the attack a few weeks ago all my silkies except for him and a 8 week old silkie survived he did not seem to have any injurys but the small one is missing some feathers. i put a few americaunas out there in the coop with them until i can repalce the ones that got killed so they will not be lonley. So far my husband has killed 2 coons a mom and dad, a snake, and a opposum. i just hatched 27 silkie chicks one had to be put to sleep [​IMG] it had a bad broken leg from the others in the incubator stomping all over him or her. i now have two more that might need to be put to sleep so they do not suffer one has a broken beak itthere was an accident today my son decided to pick it up and it started flapping all over the place and he or she hit the floor i am in the process of trying to figure out how to fix it. the second one looks like it is gasping for air been like that since it was hatched. i am hopping i can make them better but i do not want them to suffer so out of the 27 hatched i might whind up with 24. in this incubation i had 33 eggs at lockdown

7. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    i think young male because of the way his feathers are going :p

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

100% Male.

9. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

See, I am so glad that there are people here who can make better guesses than I. I am glad I joined this site. Sorry you lost so many to the coons thou

10. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Little boy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by