Please help, she looks wierder every day!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luvmychicknkids, May 8, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, I am starting to wonder if this strange looking little creature really is a chicken!!! She is adorable, has funky spikes on the back of her head, and looks like nothing I haved seen before (except for the other one I have like her). The other chicks of the same age are also more feathered than these two. Got her at TSC and she was just in a box of standard size pullets....no clue what. Sorry for the awful pic. My babies had to temporarily move to my mom's house because of my son's allergies. I didn't have my camera so it is an awful cell phone pic. Anyway, here she is. Her name is Galaxy, btw. Any guesses what the funky little creature might be?

[​IMG]

2. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    no, but wouldn't it be really funny if someone was clipping her feathers just to mess with you.

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....yeah, that would be, but I know that isn't it....she has only been with me and now with my mother.

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeee???? Surely someone has an idea. I am finding nothing. She has slate legs, a single comb, funky spiked hair, and lots of black and white feathers. I am pretty sure she isn't a mix because they get them straight from a hatchery.

5. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Dont know but just throwing this out there....maybe spitzhauben?

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well, that was one of my guesses but I couldn't figure out what kind of comb they have and it didn't look like a single comb. She really confuses me!!!!

7. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Could be a Lakenvelder.

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Huh, the comb is right and the pics I found showed some black on the body of the female....that would be cool. They are really pretty. I just wish I knew what hatchery they use so I could narrow it down, but everyone I asked didn't know. There were just a couple of these mixed in with all the others. They are such cuties!!!

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I can't add anything intelligent to the guesses, so I'm just going to say she looks like a funky chicken, but CUTE.

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I don't know what she is but I bet with the feathering coming in she is going to be a real beauty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by