please help- sick chick

acole1982

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
I had recently received my 4 new babies from a local feed store who had ordered their chicks from ideal poultry. I have had them now for 2 days and i noticed one of them seems to be getting sick. The first day I brought them home i noticed she was acting a little strange and cont to keep an eye on her but now she sits alone on one side of the cage, her breathing has slowed and her walking abilities have decreased ( she is stumbling around while the others are running around) i know this is not normal and just seems to be getting worse. I was wondering if anyone has had a chick to act like this and if so what is causing it? im also worried if she is very sick that my other chickens dont catch what she has...please help

I had a few chicks like that from Ideal and they didnt make it. Try sugar water, dip her beak in it to help her drink. Is she eating at all? If anything call Ideal in the morning and let them know so if she doesnt make it you can at least get your money back.

Yeah i gave her some sugar water she drank it held her head up for a few min then it went down again her eyes never opened. She in her own little box with a heat lamp on her, dont think shell make it though

Well she passed away last night, im very saddened but i know i did all i could possibly do.

Back
Top Bottom