1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE HELP! Silkie hen with limping, watery green poop, and lethargy

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by MaisyBird, Apr 27, 2017.

1. MaisyBird

MaisyBird Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2016
    Hi,
    My one year old silkie hen started limping on her right foot about a week ago.. this past week she has been wasting away. While she is eating some eggs I give her and drinking vitamin enhanced water, she has been popping watery green poop and she can't move around. I'm not sure what is going on with her but I'm afraid that she will die soon. Does anyone know if this sounds like kidney failure? Any help at all is appreciated. She has a rooster mate and she can't be separated from him or from me! Please help me!!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. emmaellis111

emmaellis111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    shropshire UK
    Only advice I will give you is worm them asap. Or maybe get some liquid tylan 50..
    Have you tried googling chickens poo green? I have and there is load about it. But seriously worm them.! Atb x

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  3. MaisyBird

Feb 27, 2016

4. MaisyBird

Feb 27, 2016
    I've researched everything and nothing has been helpful... I've had other chickens with worms before and I don't think this is what she has.. also just checking isn't tylan 50 for respiratory stuff?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by