Please help telling my chickens apart :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Amy54, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Amy54

Amy54 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    Georiga
    Hey there i have 3 white leghorns and was wondering how to tell them apart like if its a hen or rooster any help appreciated [​IMG] thanks

2. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    I'm having the same problem with my
    leghorn pullets. They are all "pretty birds!"

3. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    The only duplicates we have are two black cochins and as they grew they developed differences. The main one is the size of their comb. One is larger than the other and that is how we tell them apart.

4. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Different colors of leg bands can help you tell the chickens apart. OP, do you want to know if your chickens are roos or hens? If so, their comb development might help. You can post pics and people will be happy to give you their opinions.

5. Amy54

Amy54 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    Georiga
    Ill do that ill post some pics later.. im looking to buy some hen but there kinda expensive where i live right now so hopefully i can get some hens or pullets soon [​IMG]

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:x2

7. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    I have White Leghorns too, and when they got older I could tell by their combs! Some are huge, some flop right, some flop left, some are crooked, kinda funny really! When they were all in the tiny comb phase, it was almost impossible to tell them apart! I like the leg band idea too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by