1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please help to confirm gender for these three.....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrs. Feathers, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I am pretty certain all three 13 week olds are cockerels but I am trying not to let myself be convinced....although those combs, tail feathers and darn pointing saddle feathers are not helping. I really wanted one of them to be a pullet [​IMG] (visualize the pout).
    Please let me know what you think

Number 1
    [​IMG]

Number 2
    [​IMG]

Number 3
    [​IMG]

Number 3(front) and Number 1 (back)
    [​IMG]

2. Jx2inNC

Jx2inNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Caraway, NC
    It appears you have cockerels for all.
    With them all being the same age and looking nearly identical in most ways...it'd be hard-pressed to have a pullet out of those.
    The redness of the skin and combs at 13 weeks just looks a little to boyish.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    All cockerels.

And, are these supposed to be purebred Ameraucanas? They look it (except for one seems to have greenish legs), but I see a lot of unwanted gold leakage in their saddle and hackle feathers as well as a clean face on the last one. Just curious.

4. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Quote:Nope... they are mutts... and you have very good eyes for seeing in my not so great photos! 1 and 2 have gold leakage and 3 does have a clean face. 1 and 3 have slate legs and 2 has yellow legs.
    I hope they at least taste yummy although they are so gentle and much less obnoxious than our usual cockerels. My friend`s daughter might take one and loves Number 1 but I am trying to talk her into taking Number 2 or 3 because Number 1 has developed crooked toes so would not like to see her breed him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by