Please help to confirm gender for these three.....

Mrs. Feathers

Songster
13 Years
Apr 2, 2010
I am pretty certain all three 13 week olds are cockerels but I am trying not to let myself be convinced....although those combs, tail feathers and darn pointing saddle feathers are not helping. I really wanted one of them to be a pullet
sad.png
(visualize the pout).
Please let me know what you think

Number 1
52993_img_2805.jpg

Number 2
52993_img_2803.jpg

Number 3
52993_img_2807.jpg

Number 3(front) and Number 1 (back)
52993_img_2797.jpg

It appears you have cockerels for all.
With them all being the same age and looking nearly identical in most ways...it'd be hard-pressed to have a pullet out of those.
The redness of the skin and combs at 13 weeks just looks a little to boyish.

All cockerels.

And, are these supposed to be purebred Ameraucanas? They look it (except for one seems to have greenish legs), but I see a lot of unwanted gold leakage in their saddle and hackle feathers as well as a clean face on the last one. Just curious.

Quote:
Nope... they are mutts... and you have very good eyes for seeing in my not so great photos! 1 and 2 have gold leakage and 3 does have a clean face. 1 and 3 have slate legs and 2 has yellow legs.
I hope they at least taste yummy although they are so gentle and much less obnoxious than our usual cockerels. My friend`s daughter might take one and loves Number 1 but I am trying to talk her into taking Number 2 or 3 because Number 1 has developed crooked toes so would not like to see her breed him.

Back
Top Bottom